
One word - A M A Z I N G! I can't believe its already a week since I came back but I feel like I was there yesterday. Fresh memories... with a whole bunch of really interesting people from different backgrounds & from all over the world. I made some really good friends... A month of service in the temple wasn't enough... I wish I could go back there some day... I miss it so much! Baha'i volunteers came from all around the world to serve there...Samantha from Belgium, Catherine from Australia, Alexander Neissan from Italy, Shoghi from Iraq/Botswana, Mamme from Ghana/USA, Sina from Los Angelas, Tamara & Zachary from Canada, Bahyih from UK, Fazilette from France, Vahid from Saudi Arabia, Mohini from Fiji, Vahdat from Indonesia, Mahtab from Maldives, Shuba from Sri Lanka, Sina Dana, Aida and Azita from Shiraz, Azadeh from Tehran, Nasseem from Jordan, Salah from Bahrain, Kian & Nushin from Kuwait, Raj, Ram, Ghazal & aunt from Pakistan, Ashok S & Puran from Nepal, Gabriel from Punjab, Ashok P from Sikkim, Naim from Bangladesh, Jahangir, Safa, Elina, Shaf, Samina, Savita, Sarita, Anjeli, Rakesh, Sanjay, Vijayshree, Kamal, Suresh, Suraj, Deepak, Ravi from different parts of India as well as Baha'i visitors who came from afar... Texas, Washington, London, all parts of India... phew... I hope I did not miss anyone out... Of course to all the visitors from all around the world... getting awesome visitors like 25,000 people a day is... like wow... and come Saturday & Sunday, up to 40 thousand visitors... ain't that something? Many visitors came from South Korea, Germany, France, UK, USA, Japan... massive!! Hot guys & gurls too! =) I really miss serving at the Information Centre... I miss the little-too-short tea & juice breaks... I miss reading the panels... I miss looking at how the guys in India are so affectionate against each other (as in brotherly love), I miss the annoying kids who would bunk school and come to the temple, I miss how the local people would run out of the temple in total shock asking me "WHERE IS GOD?!", I miss dancing around the IC discreetly & thinking camera's are all watching my every move (hehe), I miss the information desk & talking to Shubs, Gabz or Safa, I miss the STEPS the most where it connects the boys & girls dorm, I miss opening & closing the dining hall door, I miss looking at the people running & crowding around the Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah at the temple and looking beneath it thinking that there's some kind of treasure/body buried under (its HILARIOUS REALLY!!), I miss playing Mafia with the volunteers, I miss drinking mocha shake at MOCHA, I miss talking to the local people, I miss briefing in Hindi, I miss bargaining!!! and I definitely miss all my beloved friends that I have served with... I MISS NEW DELHI despite its very HOT, SWEATY, DIRTY, SMELLY & POLLUTED AIR cuz whatever I experienced there made me feel closer to the people... and whenever I listen to anyone speaking Hindi, I miss India already...
8 comments:
see.......i told you that you'd enjoy yourself!!! i'm happy that you did.....the people there are amazing!!!!!!! most diversed group of ppl from all around!!!!!
plan for a second round?? i want to go too!!!
szue may!!! I SOOO WANNA GO BACK... but I can't anytime now.. maybe when we start our working life and wanna take a break from all the material surroundings... definitely head back there again.. just let me know when!!! =)
till today... 6 years later, i could still feel that emptiness in my heart which was left in india since i came back. glad u enjoyed urself. =)
-aMy-
IS that all you brought back from India? Is that all this Faith is to you...an event? an awesome 25K ppl visiting the Mother Temple? Is that really all that one month was to you? Interesting ppl from all over the world...hot guys and gals?...short tea and juice breaks?
...I guess being in the Mother Temple for one month seemed to have given you a very one-sided perspective of what this nascent Faith is...Whatever you experienced were real...and they are your memories...and it does represent one aspect of community life...but do ask yourself...is this what service is really all about?...Perhaps if you really want to go further down the rabbit hole...go into the Asli Settlements...Maybe you would have another perspective...if not...well, like you said: "when we start our working life and wanna take a break from all the material surroundings..."...there is always that "open ticket"...or maybe not....
Dear Anonymous, if you're that BRIGHT, you wouldn't be right here checking out my blog judging me. Ask yourself what the FAITH means to you. Did it teach you to judge people? Check and test other people's capacities? This is all what I wrote but YOU don't truly know what I REALLY felt serving there really. These are words written by me, but there are MORE that cannot be expressed just by writing down here bcoz its kept for real. WHO ARE YOU TO EVEN JUDGE ME? Why are you minding about MY LIFE if you don't even bother to put down your name here? That one month was such a wonderful experience and I'm not gonna let you take that away and make me feel bad just because of what YOU THINK. Why must you ASK ME QUESTIONS and make me question myself? No one is perfect, and that makes you, and you have NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to JUDGE ME for what I FEEL AND WHAT I DO IN MY LIFE. Another thing, I hope you don't go terrorizing other people's hearts and minds too for that matter by your clever judgements.
yea you go nuri! you go tell that anoymous! yea!
like..wtf?
A.
I actually tracked this post specifically. This was 4 years ago ai ? God! Reading it just gave me a scary ass flash back! incredible.. I want a time machine....
Salah joon!
Good to see you here! :) A
hh, you made me read my entry again.
God, I miss India! And you went back there twice!!! I really do miss it... Yeah, where's a time machine when we need one? It's 3 years back!
Hope you're doing well in Ottawa!
And hopefully will see you one day again :)
Post a Comment